Introduction to Rain Sensor Product
Are you looking for a rain sensor that is rugged and easy to interface to your controller or computing system? Check out this sensor that we are going to introduce to you here. It is simple to connect and is simple to install.
This rain sensor uses IR optical technology to detect the presence of rain water. Compare to resistive rain sensor or capacitive rain sensor, it does not have dedicated sensitive components which need to be exposed to the rain water. It is operated entirely on electronic and IR optical light without any moving mechanism. Using IR optics to sense rainwater makes it more robust and longer lasting compare to other types of rain sensor.
The rain sensor is self-contain in a waterproof casing and does not contain moving mechanical parts. This makes it a rugged and an intuitive rain sensor to maintain.
Advantages of RG-11 Optical Rain Sensor
- Simple to install.
- Rugged, low maintenance.
- Water resistance plastic enclosure.
- No expose sensor parts. No corrosion. No oxidisation.
- Robust against dirt deposited over time.
- Small size and light weight.
- Adjustable sensitivity.
- Operates from a wide range of AC or DC voltages.
- A variety of detection operating modes to choose from.
- Relay contact switch output interface.
- Low cost.
- No water collection which can bleed mosquito.
Check out this link to learn more about how an optical rain sensor works.
Rain Sensor Application
You can use the rain sensor as part of your smart control system to
- alert you when it starts raining.
- water drop detection.
- detect heavier rain intensity.
- automate garden or plantation water irrigation schedules to conserve water.
- close your window or gates from running rain water.
- control water drainage system to prevent flooding.
- estimate the amount of rainfall (tipping bucket rain gauge).
- auto-wiper for an automotive vehicle or building’s viewing window.
- safety alarm for swimmers in swimming pools.
- weather sensor for snow/rain.
The application for rain sensor is limited only by your imagination.
You can also connect this rain sensor to our standard I/O controller which allows you to detect rain from your computer system via USB, wireless WiFi or Ethernet.